Galapagos cruise Galapagos Sky – The Galapagos Sky is a 100 ft. long state-of-the-art diving yacht which sails the fabled waters of the Galapagos Islands. Designed by Peter A. Hughes and current owner Santiago Dunn in year 2000 and launched in 2001, the Galapagos Sky hosts 16 passengers in 8 beautiful cabins. Built to meet all international safety standards, the yacht offers a diving platform, friendly crew members, dedicated chefs and 5-star amenities to provide you with a memorable experience in the Galapagos Islands.
The accommodations are eight private en-suite cabins with two single beds or a master double bed. Each cabin has its own shower, wardrobe, bathrobes, hairdryer and biodegradable toiletries. The elegant Galapagos Sky is air-conditioned and has a spacious lounge area, a separate dining area and a sun deck. There are two dive instructors on board to ensure up to four dives per day. It is necessary that the passenger has done between 40-45 dives and has experience with strong side streams, descending and ascending streams, downflow baffles and mastering emergency management.
The Galapagos Cruise Galapagos Sky offers an incredible opportunity to discover one of the most incredible dive sites in the world! Some of the islands visited by the Galapagos Sky include Wolf and Darwin islands, which has some of the highest marine bio-diversity in the world.
The Galapagos Sky at a glance
- Capacity: 16 guests, 8 cabins
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- Built in 2001
- 9 Crew members
- Length: 100ft.
- Speed: 12 knots
- 4 Master cabins (single- or double beds with panoramic windows)
- 4 Deluxe cabins (single beds with porthole windows)
- Private bathroom
- Biodegradeable toiletries
- Warm towels after every dive
- Hair dryer
- Telephone for internal communication
- Natural history library
- Lounge and bar
- Sun- and observation deck
- Diving deck assistance
- Outdoor hot water showers
- Naturalist dive instructor and dive master
- Snorkeling equipment
- Storage for personal equipment
- Free Nitrox
A dive expedition with the "Galapagos Sky"
What is included?
- All transfers in Galapagos to the cruise
- All meals during the cruise
- Water, coffee and tea
- Local wine and beer during dinner
- Bilingual naturalist- and dive guide
- Excursions during the cruise
- Up to 4 dives per day
- Air or Nitrox filled tanks and weights
Diving equipment rental rates
- Full gear rental package: $200 for the full set (BCD, Reg-set, wet suit, mask, snorkel and fins). Excluding computer and gloves.
- BCD: $50 per charter
- Reg and Gauge Set: $50 per charter
- Computer: $75 per charter
- 7mm Wet suit: $45 per charter
- Hood: $25 per charter
- Fins and booties: $25 per charter
- mask and snorkel: $25 per charter
- 125 cuft/ 15 l Tank upgrade: $60 per charter
All gear and rental payments are paid directly on the Galapagos Sky at the end of the cruise. Cash and VISA/MasterCard are accepted. 14% VAT is added for onboard credit card charges.
What is NOT included?
- Local flight to/from Galapagos
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- Galapagos Transit card
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses and tips
Staff at Galapagos Sky highly recommends divers to bring their own gear. Advanced diving conditions that are common in Galapagos truly call for divers to be in their own, comfortable and proper fitting gear.
Keep in mind that only limited sizes and quantities of diving gear are available for rental. Please note, that they do not rent or sell gloves, torches/underwater lights or dive knives.