Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands Pack List
What should I pack? How much can I bring?
We know you are excited and probably a little anxious about what may be one of the best trips ever! So we are here to help you pack! We have included a comprehensive checklist for you which you can print out for your own reference.
Regardless if you are on board or on the islands, we highly recommend you to wear something casual or sporty. Something that allows you to move around without any restrictions. Here we have included a short list of the essentials you should bring along.
- Windbreaker (preferably waterproof)
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- T-Shirts, both short and long-sleeved blouses for sun protection
- Short or long pants
- Trekking sandals for wetlands and excursions on the Galapagos Islands
- Bandana, hat or cap for sun protection.
- Insect repellant (Please note that there the Galapagos Wasp found on Isabela Island is attracted to yellow clothing and even to insect repellent. Therefore we suggest you wear anything besides yellow and not use insect repellent while on an excursion to Isabela Island)
- Small backpack for daily use
- Water Bottle if necessary
- Pullover or sweater for cooler nights
- Snorkelling equipment (We recommend you to bring your own snorkelling equipment if you have them, however, on-site rental is also possible)
- Medication against seasickness (Medicine for seasickness is available for sale in Ecuador at the airport)
Baggage limits and allowance
Baggage allowance on flights from Ecuador to the Galapagos Islands is 23 kg (excluding hand luggage). The rest of your luggage which you do not need for your trip to the Galapagos Islands can be stored in a hotel in Quito or be deposited with Galapagos PRO in Ecuador. There are also luggage rooms in both airports in Quito and Guayaquil. Please note that when you fly with EMETEBE for inter-island flights, the baggage limit is 12 kg including hand luggage. Ideally, you should select the option for extra baggage when you pay for your flight tickets. Please note that your hand luggage will also be weighed. Contact us directly before your trip, so that we can share with you some useful tips to avoid unnecessary stress at the airports.